Today we are going to show you How to Hack WiFi using Wifiphisher – WPA or WPA2. WiFiphisher is a fast attack and reveals passwords within plenty of time, doesn’t matter how much the password is long or complex. No need for any dictionaries, no more brute force. The wifi phisher technique is really fast, so let’s get started.
What is WiFiphisher?
Wifi phisher is a security tool that mounts automated phishing attacks against WiFi networks in order to obtain secret passphrases or other credentials. It is a social engineering attack that unlike other methods it does not include any brute forcing. It is an easy way for obtaining credentials from captive portals and third party login pages or WPA/WPA2 secret passphrases.
How does it work?
WiFi phisher creates an evil twin AP, then DDoS all users from AP, and when users re-authenticate, they redirected to fake AP with the same SSID. After connecting with fake AP, they will see a legitimate-looking webpage that requests their password to “Upgrade firmware”. When the user enters the password on our wifiphishing page, we capture their password, and the user allowed further to access the internet from fake evil twin AP, so they can’t feel anything suspicious.
Requirements to Hack WiFi using wifiphisher Hacking tool – WPA | WPA2:
- PC running with Kali LINUX(if you don’t have Kali LINUX then download it from here and also read its basics). You can also consider wifislax.
- 2 wireless adapters, one of which must be capable of packet injection. I used Alfa AWUS036H for wifi phisher because it is compatible with Aircrack-ng (packet injection capable).
Steps For Installing WiFiPhisher:
- Step 1: apt-get install python
- Step 2: git clone https://github.com/wifiphisher/wifiphisher.git
- Step 3: sudo cd wifiphisher/
- Step 4: python wifiphisher.py
- Step 5: When it has completed, it will list all the Wi-Fi networks it has discovered. Select your target AP, to select target just press ctrl+c(to stop scanning) and type “num” of AP.
Now after entering num, hit enter. You will see APs SSID and mac, it actually indicates that this SSID is going to be cloned. And real AP is being jammed by wifi phisher script. In this process, directed users connect to AP will be de-authenticated, and. when they re-authenticate, Th direct to the cloned evil twin access point.
After connecting to evil twin AP, the wifi phisher serves a legitimate-looking proxy 10.0.0.58 webpage and displays a message that firmware upgrade has taken place on their router and they must re-authenticate.
When the user enters their password, it will be passed to you through the Wifi phisher open terminal, as seen below and our evil AP will provide further internet access, so the user can’t find anything suspicious.
the above command will start the script. Now it will ask for “hostapd”, you need to install hostapd. Proceed it by typing ” y ” means yes. It will install hostapd for you.